Stand Up Paddleboards/(SUP)
Come experience the thrill of paddling one of our new NSP SUPs take a leisurely paddle around the historic Whalehead Club and Currituck Lighthouse. You will experience exhilarating sights on the Currituck Sound Shores. Our SUP’s are equipped with Paddles and life jackets (upon request) for your safety. Our SUP’s are stable and easy to maneuver and are versatile for any size rider or experience level (board sizes 10’2” and 11’6”).
Our knowledgeable staff will guide you through the operation procedure and get you out on the water with confidence. If you need additional instruction, our experienced staff can provide lessons free of charge. Our dock facility allows you to directly board the SUP with ease. If you would like your loved ones to view your trip, we have shaded bench seating and our dock is handicapped accessible. Bathrooms are on site. Also ask about our special group rates!
General SUP Questions & Answers:
1. How old do I have to be to ride a SUP? – Any age can ride.
2. How old do I have to be to rent a SUP? – You have to be 18 or have a parent or guardian signature.
3. Do I need to make a reservation? – You do not need to make a reservation. Walk-ups are welcome. However we do recommend that you make reservations in advance as we tend to book up quickly throughout the week. You can make a reservation up to 1 year in advance.
4. What should I wear? – We recommend wearing a bathing suit. You may also wear general clothes if you prefer. Please keep in mind that this is a watersports activity and you may get wet.
5. What time should I show up? – You should arrive 20 Minutes prior to your reservations.
6. How do I pay for my rentals? – At the time you make the reservation we will hold it with a major credit card. The card will not be charged at that time. You can pay cash or credit at the time of arrival.
7. Can we switch out riders? – Yes. You can switch out riders as much as you would like during your rental time. Our professional staff will assist you and your family members in safely trading out riders.
8. Can I take the SUPS off site? – No.