Want to inject some excitement into your family vacation? Banana Boat and Tube riding is something your entire family can enjoy. Our Banana can hold up to 6 riders and our Tube ride can hold up to 4 riders. Our tow boat can accommodate 6 passengers. Come to North Beach Watersports and experience the thrill of riding the Banana or Tube or just simply observe and enjoy the boat ride. Your Tubing or Banana excursion will be in the northern Currituck Sound, in front of the Historic Currituck Lighthouse and Whalehead Club.
Our crew has a combined 50 years of experience. Our Captains are 100 ton Master certified. We are CPR and First Aid certified; our boat and safety is inspected daily. Our Captains continuously monitor the changing weather conditions. Safety is always our first priority.
General Banana and Tubing Questions & Answers:
1. What to wear? – We recommend wearing a bathing suit. Please keep in mind that it is a watersports activity and you may get wet.
2. How old do I have to be to ride the Banana or Tube? – Any age can ride.
3. How long will I be on the boat? – The boat leaves the dock on the hour so your total time is going to approximetely 1 hour.
4. How and where do I embark the Banana or Tube? – With the help of the crew you will be assisted directly from the boat.
5. What to bring? – We recommend that you bring a towel, sunscreen, water, snacks and you may also choose to bring your camera or video equipment. However we are not responsible for them getting damaged. We do offer a professional photo package if you choose not to bring your own.
6. Where will my activity take place? – It will take place in the Currituck Sound on board a Towing vessel. Your loved ones may also view your trip from our shaded gazebo on the water which is handicap accessible.
7. Do I need to make a reservation and how far in advance? – You do not need to make a reservation. Walkups are welcome. However we do recommend that you make reservations in advance as we tend to book up quickly throughout the week. You can make a reservation up to 1 year in advance.
8. Is there an extra charge for fuel? – No. Fuel is already calculated into the price of the Trip.
9. What happens if it rains? – If it rains or winds are too high the captain will make the determination if it is safe. If your trip is canceled then we give you the option to reschedule for the next available timeslot. This is called a rain check.
10. When should we arrive for our reservation? – We ask all participants to arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled reservation.
11. How do I pay for my ride? – At the time of making your reservation we will hold it with a credit card. We do not charge your card until your excursion is complete. You may then pay cash or credit.
12. What is included if I choose to purchase the photo package? – The crew will take before during and after photos of your ride. We have a professional grade digital camera with a 300 zoom lens. You will receive between 40-50 photographs on an SD card that you can take home.